WHOLESALE WORLD FRESH DRAGON PITAYA WHITE DRAGON FRUIT
- Dragon fruit is also known as pitaya. It is a medicinal plant known as a superfruit.
- In some countries, this fruit is called strawberry pear.
- It is the most popular among the typical fruits of the cactus family.
- Its large white fragrant flowers are also called the sunflower or queen of the night because of its typical shape. It has a fresh delicious taste and has a refreshing taste.
- It is possible to encounter dragon fruit, which is usually white inside, but you can easily consume dragon fruit with red inside and get the same flavor. If you are going to consume dragon fruit for the first time, it can be eaten raw by peeling the outer shell and separating the fleshy part.
- The taste of dragon fruit reaches its true flavor when fully ripe.
- If the dragon fruit collapses a little when you apply finger pressure on it, it's probably ripe. If the softening rate is high, the fruit is ripe, but high efficiency cannot be obtained in this case.
- If there are dark spots and brown dry spots on it or the branches are dry, the fruit is not profitable for consumption.
- The fruit has small seeds inside. These seeds are consumed with the fruit. The inside can be eaten raw, has a slight sweetness and is low in calories.
- It is rich in vitamins C and B and is very high in fiber. It can usually be consumed raw.
Storage and Storage Conditions
- Storage Temperature: 2.2-4.4C(36F-40F)
- It can be maintained at +6 to +8 degrees Celsius.
- Water (g) 82.5 - 83.0
- Protein (g) 0.16 - 0.23
- Fat (g ) from 0.21 - 0.61
- Beta carotene (mg) 0.005 - 0.012
- Phosphorus (mg ) 30.2 - 36.1
- Iron (mg) 0.55 - 0.65
- Vitamin B1 (mg) 0.28 - 0.30
- Vitamin B2 (mg) 0.043 - 0.045
- Vitamin C (mg) 8 – 9
- Niasin (mg) 1.297 - 1.300.
- Calcium (mg) 6.3 - 8.8
- It is rich in protein, fiber and carbohydrates. It also contains polyunsaturated fatty acids such as omega 3 and omega 6.
- As a result of the research conducted by the NCBI institution of the United States and published in the USA National Medical Library;
- It is stated that the existing evidence on the effect of dragon fruit on prediabetes would be of interest in the prevention of diabetes.
- Studies show that dragon fruit is beneficial for diabetes (type 2 diabetes), colon cancer and breast cancer patients.
- They concluded that dragon fruit can act on breast cancer cells and possibly suppress the expression of estrogen and progesterone receptors; The data they reached show that dragon fruit has a therapeutic effect against breast cancer.
- It is a fruit rich in vitamin B, C and fiber. Thanks to its high calcium content, it strengthens bones and helps bone development. It strengthens the immune system with its antioxidant properties. It reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- Dragon fruit contains flavonoids and flu-fighting vitamins that are great for the immune system.
- It strengthens the eyes due to the nutrients and minerals it contains. Pitaya fruit contains high vitamin C, potassium, calcium, magnesium. It has the feature of preventing high blood pressure. Thanks to the calcium it contains, it is useful for strong skeletal system and bones.
- It strengthens the immune system with plenty of vitamin C in its content. It protects the body from diseases.
- Thanks to the calcium it contains, it is useful for strong skeletal system and bones.
- It keeps the moisture balance of the body under control.
- It is antioxidant (phytoalbumins) and contains extremely rich soluble fiber.
After the flower opens and closes, fruit formation is completed and harvested in an average of 28-32 days in June-July-August-September periods. If the ripening process of the fruit coincides with the autumn period (October-November-December), the ripening period may exceed 50 days.
From May to December, the product is taken a few times. While 3-5 fruits are taken in the first year, 40-50 fruits are taken on average from the second year.
Dragon Fruit (Pitaya) buds and blooms if the general health condition and root structure is good even if the night temperature starts to rise above 20 degrees in summer months, and then ripens the fruit to be harvested. period can be extended up to 55 days. Pitaya Fruit can grow between 150 gr and 1.5 kg depending on the type. In regions where tropical climate prevails, some breeds can grow over 1 kilogram. Since it is grown in Mediterranean climate conditions in our country, the average size of many breeds is 350 – 600 gr. In our country, some breeds can grow up to 1 kg, but they are not preferred commercially.
There are multiple factors that affect the structure of Pitaya Fruit. In general, the type of the plant, the region where it is grown, food and nutritional supplements, together with the periods in which these nutrients are given, the structure of the soil, the general health status, the duration with the sun (whether it receives enough morning, noon, evening sun, etc.), the root structure of the plant, the tree's root structure. Very important details such as the age, the harvest period, how many branches the same tree grows from its root, how many buds come from these branches and the distance of these buds to each other affect the general health status of the fruit and the yield.
It is very effective in the ripening process of the fruit whether the female organ does enough pollen exchange from the male organs in a healthy way, especially in the types of self-pollination during the flowering period and in the types that are completely in the form of manual fertilization. In about fifteen days, a bud grows and matures and becomes a flower. It has only one night and a very limited time to get enough pollen because the flower opens completely around 22:00 in the night and starts to close when the sun starts to rise in the morning. In the process after this pollen exchange, the flower fades and begins to dry day by day, and it remains in this dry state at the tip of the fruit until the fruit turns pink and is harvested. It is necessary to save the ends of the dried flower from the fruit by cutting it during the ripening periods of the fruit. Most of the time, these dried flower ends can mold and damage the fruit. When it dries without waiting, it is necessary to cut it and separate it from the fruit.
Our fruits have no mechanical damage or bruising and green spots caused by manipulation, fungus or insect damage.
Price may vary depending on required quality, quantity, packaging and season. For exact details and additional information on this product, please contact us!
When you order from opencartworks.com, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking information for your order's shipment. You can choose your preferred shipping method on the Order Information page during the checkout process.
The total delivery time is calculated from the time your order is placed until the time it is delivered to you. Total delivery time is broken down into processing time and shipping time.
Processing time: The time it takes to prepare your item(s) to ship from our warehouse. This includes preparing your items, performing quality checks, and packing for shipment.
Shipping time: The time for your item(s) to tarvel from our warehouse to your destination.